Friday, July 04, 2014

“If I could conceive that the general government might ever be so administered as to render the liberty of conscience insecure, I beg you will be persuaded, that no one would be more zealous than myself to establish effectual barriers against the horrors of spiritual tyranny, and every species of religious persecution.” - George Washington, letter to the United Baptist Chamber of Virginia (1789). “Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear.” - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr (1787). So, is a new t-shirt line needed? For "FOUNDING FATHERS?"

As was emailed to me, Happy Celebrate Rebellion Day. Believe in Liberty. Add to that checks and balances and worry over a tyranny of the majority. Shoot fireworks too, if that's your inclination.

The headlined quotes are part of a Kos link my sister sent me, here; while reminding me of the oath of office adage, "I put my hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution, not the other way around."

Check out that link. On the 4th of July.

Now, the red flag of intolerance t-shirt, is a new line needed - a reprinting with, "FOUNDING FATHERS," right after "FEMINISTS," (keeping a gender parallel between "WHORES" and "WHORE MONGERS"); or is the shirt sufficient as it stands, as long as you are willing to regard "FOUNDING FATHERS" as "LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS."




After all, Washington crossed the Delaware on Christmas Day to catch the Hessians in Trenton unaware; and so, was that a sacrilege? I suppose we have to ask young Nathan, who seems upset with others wanting church and state separated. Making war on Christmas Day, CHRISTMAS DAY!, capturing Hessians, cannon, and muskets, how dare the man.