Saturday, June 25, 2022

Ramsey MN - and statewide. Early voting opened Yesterday, 6/24/2022, for the August primary.

 City of Ramsey's elections page-

http://www.ci.ramsey.mn.us/165/Elections

Sample ballot - SoS site =  https://myballotmn.sos.state.mn.us/ 

From that link, you can narrow things based on home address. My sample ballot is for Ward 1 Precinct 1 of Ramsey, which is the precinct in which I live.

 

PARTISAN BALLOT SIDE: Voters can figure out how they prefer to vote on the partisan side of the ballot. My choice will be Dem primary column = Walz, Simon, Ellison. (The incumbents.) NOTE: You can only vote a single column, no crossover between columns.

(Were I voting the Republican ballot column my choices would be: Sen. Dist. 31 = blank, Guv = blank, SoS = van Michelen, AG = Schultz, (possibly Anderson). However, before I'd even consider the GOP choices I'd coin flip on the mj columns. The Dem incumbents are locks to win there; so going to the GOP column to vote against Wardlow, against Crockett, and against Jensen/Birk would be a tactic. One I pass up. Actually, the inexperienced endorsed GOP AG candidate, Schultz, is not absolutely egregious, i.e., an endorsement surprise. Jensen/Birk, Crockett and Wardlow are bad and sad clown shows.)

NON-PARTISN BALLOT SIDE: Ward 1 is the only Ramsey office having more than two candidates; while offices with two only go directly to the general election.

The two Ward 1 candidates having highest totals go to the general, the third candidate is dropped out. My choice = Grimmer.

(The other primary election on the non-partisan ballot side, County Sheriff. Good luck choosing there among the three candidates. At a guess, Lemnitzer and Wise will be the top two vote-getters; going on to the general election.)