Thursday, November 05, 2009

For Something Different - A rant about something I find annoying.

I leave FireFox where I use NoScript and Adblock Plus, and use Chrome in posting, opening up sites to post from, the two candidates' websites to look at, Strib, other media, all that.

Then after exiting Chrome, I have the habit of not liking tracking cookies and that stuff, so I run Spybot on a "usage track check only" because it's relatively quick.

This last session: One DoubleClick tracking cookie which is Google itself doing that; three FastClick tracking cookies; one MediaPlex tracking cookie; and three Statcounter traking cookies. I wish people would cease using such junk to force a cleanup everytime. It is like having to wash hands after handling garbage.

After hitting the "publish" toggle, I shall run it again to see if Blogger is what's putting stuff [besides DoubleClick which we know is Google's] on, or whether it's the other people up to such mischief. It's disrespectfully nosy.