Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Major levels of political mendacity are not reached until one mouth says, "We believe the way to strengthen our country is to restrain spending in Washington and empower individuals and small businesses to grow our economy and create jobs," ...

... and then says, "“BP is the responsible party, but we need the federal government to make sure they are held accountable and that they are indeed responsible. Our way of life depends on it.”

In effect, we need to shrink the federal government to the size of a moth ball, because the private sector is king, but when the king messes up in my backyard; Uncle Sugar, help, bail out my children, my huddled masses, my waters, my land -- you are essential.

Only a Jindal would do that. It's even below a Pawlenty, and that means below the level of a snake's belly in a wagon rut.

Brad Delong has the full presentation, this link.