Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New sidebar poll.

As always, this post will stay atop until the poll closes. The post date/time indicates when the poll closes.

It is understood that there is simplification to any single question, and to mixing ways and means, and goals.

So, vote.

__________UPDATE____________
The poll closed. I did not participate in it since my feelings are clear from the upper right corner notice bar.

With the question, "Do you support the Occupy movement, how people are acting and the goal of holding Wall Street and the 1% accountable?"

Results were; 6, 11, 2, and 2 as the vote counts for, respectively: yes, no, ambivalent, and don't care. [As percentages: 28, 52, 9 and 9, respectively]

With more and more cities shutting down the effort, and doing so with a handful of arrests but little to no violence, a question will be what if any lasting imapct will ensue?

In part that depends upon what follow-up steps happen. I admit to having no reliable guess on that matter. I know I would like ongoing solidarity and a grassroots groundswell, but that has not happened yet and the likelihood decreases with time.

I also had hoped to see a stronger response in favor of the Occupy movement. But it was not there, among readers, for whatever reason(s).

Soon I will remove the poll itself, and consolidate it lower on the sidebar with earlier poll result summary info.