Friday, April 25, 2008

Tinklenberg's taconite salesmanship is part of his revolving door [MnDOT, US DOT, and state DOT contacts], and it is in his shade of green.




That's currency green, the revolving door in the lobby, to the tune of $94,280.00 NRRI dollars to sell the stuff.

Currency green and not environmental green.

It is Astroturf green and not grassroots green.

The two NRRI items I linked to previously indicate the extent of his huckestering for "Mesabi Hard Rock" where the only practical limit he sees is not a health risk, but shipping costs -- and he has been quite active trying to devise ways to ship the mill waste all over the country, as those two NRRI items, here, and here show, if you read his own reporting in the appendices or if you page through the bulk of the reports. Shipping cost, not risk to public health, is his constraint. Otherwise his advocacy has been unconstrained. I don't know if he has grandchildren, but I suggest the, "You think it's safe, you say it's safe, you say you think it's safe, then put it in YOUR grandchildrens' sandbox." I don't believe any such thing has happened; and I bet Larry Zanko's and Mesabi mine managements' sandboxes have sand in them, not mine waste.

I hold April 4, 2008, correspondence from MnDOT, indicating that at the start of April I made a public data disclosure request; got a chicken-s. letter; and then a stone wall.

Ms. Sue F. Stein might as well have fallen from the edge of Michele Bachmann's flat earth, as having followed up on her "as quickly as we can" promise.

Here, read the Stein promise, just click to enlarge:




Did I believe Ms. Stein's "as quickly as we can" promise when I got it?

No.

Have I forwarded in an email a link to this post to the Strib's reporter, Kevin Duchschere so he knows the inquiry exists?

Ya betcha.

Perhaps he could yank hard on Ms. Stein's chain. It might wake the woman up. STRIB doing that.

Myself ---- I'm still waiting ... Walking out every day to the mailbox.