Friday, June 01, 2012

Tim Himmer to begin work as City of Coon Rapids' City Engineer early July.

photo credit
Tim, and Brian Olson who left recently also, were two of the city staff people I appreciated because each was willing to speak his mind, directly, and to listen and debate or dispute reasonably over things about which they might have disagreed with me. Each time I asked either a question, I got an answer I viewed as direct and inclusive. Olson was with Ramsey longer so my interaction with Himmer was less than with Brian.

The one time I asked help of Himmer, he provided pdf files by email of plans as they then stood for the Ramsey Northstar stop, and a rendering of the Coon Rapids planned stop, with assurances that Ramsey's would basically look similar. We chatted a bit and it was cordial and helpful.

Himmer intends to stay with Ramsey at least to the end of the month, and that gives others a chance to call or email Tim wishing him well.

Tim Himmer
City Engineer
Phone: 763-433-9893
thimmer@ci.ramsey.mn.us

For those who may be interested, before starting with Ramsey in the Fall of 2007, Himmer was a 1996 civil engineer graduate of U.Minn, TC, who had worked for four years as a Land Development Engineer for Rottlund Homes, 2003-2007, immediately prior to joining city staff.

__________UPDATE__________
TUESDAY, JUNE 5: I may have published prematurely. I admit to personal confusion and uncertainty, but anybody in the public interested at all in Ramsey staff matters is urged to attend this evening's 6 pm special work session, this link. Meeting related detail, online here.