Thursday, December 22, 2011

Geoff Michel's Senate Campaign page. Try a fully honest "Answer."

this link - stripped of clutter -- click the image to enlarge and read

Okay, so, “Hey dad: you served in the State Senate. What did you do during that great recession and all those deficits and debt?”

Give the honest answer. Dump the puff-piece self-serving answer. Say:

I got information in September. A tattler. On his way to elsewhere. Politically useful information. Not jack to do with the recession and the economy. Personal. Bedfellow stuff. I met in secret with others. We sat and waited and watched and planned, never directly confronting the situation for about a quarter-year. Never saying, yo, there is this problem it needs attention, it's your conduct. She had the position ahead of me. I had no shot at getting it while she was there. Then, like in the westerns I and henchmen like the bad guys - the ones wearing black hats - from behind the rocks shooting at the surprised others out in the open with no place to duck or dodge -- like that I struck. Rattlers rattle first, I did not. We did not. It was not one-on-one, it was four-on-one. It was personal but I did what I felt I wanted to do. It had nothing to do with the recession, and it was not about fixing one damned thing wrong in the economy where the rich don't pay their fair tax share and likely never will because of the politicians. The four of us held a press conference in which I lied about the timing when I talked first to the press, none of the other three said anything different while next to me, hearing me, and then I gave lame excuses afterwards when confronted about actual timing and the near-quarter-year wait. I am a politician. Moreover, not merely a politician, a Republican. It was all within the same party. Ostensible allies. Coworkers.

I am a politician so what did you expect?

-----------

But that's answering a question with a closing question handed back. How about just telling the dear child to read this. Tell her from that to figure things out on her own.

-----------

Do you think they did things that way, tightly silent in a small allied group, careful, recalling how Entenza had hired the investigator from Chicago to scout out Hatch where Hatch got wind of it and turned the tables? A learning curve, but one not entailing the best lesson, don't do it.

____________UPDATE____________
I jumped on this one because it is odious to me to have politicians use their offspring in any way as political props.

More of Geoff Michel doing exactly that, years ago but consistent with his "Answer" spiel; blogged here and MPR with the same news, here.

That is taking politics where it need not go, and it is nothing to be proud of.

Geoff drop it. It wins you little beyond scorn. Be -- become a sentient adult.

________FURTHER UPDATE_________
Spot lifted a leg briefly with a special Geoff Michel blog, here. With Cucking Stool links.