Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Steffen, Palumbo and Abeler write letters of thanks published online by ABC Newspapers.

This link, for all three. For as long as the publisher keeps them online for access.

Steffen, of the three writing letters, was the general election candidate not prevailing. From that perspective, she wrote the most interesting letter, stating:

My heartfelt thanks goes to the voters, volunteers and contributors who supported my run for Anoka County Commissioner. It was a great experience and I’m grateful for the opportunity.

I’m confident the winners of the election will do their best.

For me, I’ll continue to support community efforts by volunteering my time and by donating dinners for eight to local charity auctions.

Please bid generously when you get the chance and together we’ll build on the best our communities have to offer.

If this means Steffen has not another election or appointment effort anticipated, it is news.

And if it means that, who will run against Matt Look next cycle?

I do not know if either of the two candidates not surviving the County Board District 1 primary election would seek the office again.

I would support either, over Look, but if both run again I would be forced to a choice.

If Natalie Steffen has indeed decided to call a public service career over, then we all should thank her for the sincerity and dedication she offered, whether in agreement with her or not over policy, during her several years in elected and appointed office.

Whenever I have spoken to her, there was never any sense of feigned sincerity. Natalie was direct, blunt when necessary to assure not being misunderstood, but never discourteous in any encounter I have had involving her. We should all wish her well.