Friday, March 20, 2009

Compliments to Ramsey government for its promptly making public data easily accessible.

First City Administrator Kurt Ulrich had posted on the city website a concise update memo about the Town Center litigation resolution process, available as a pdf document, here.

Secondly, and I hope the link works, the full agenda items for the 17 March 2009 special meeting on the situation can be accessed via the City's Laserfiche document access, from here.

I have not looked over the full agenda items. I shall. In advance of doing so, I have to compliment the effort the City has made to appear fully open in reporting what's happening. It is a positive thing, and regardless of any criticisms I have in other ways, or questions I might raise, I am happy with how the post-settlement disclosure has been promptly handled. And I am happy with how the Ulrich memo gives contact info for him, available other places on the website, but as part of the message he releases the info again as an encouragement to anyone wanting to know more to be able to easily reach him. Doing that is a good step.

________
NOTE: The Laserfiche link opens to the browsing homepage for the service. The navigation from there is via "City Council" then "Full Agendas" then "2000's" and finally for the most recent full agenda listing [p.2] for 2009. Because of the scripting, etc., that the site uses, I cannot post any more direct address-link, so I have laid out the browsing path in case any reader is unfamiliar with document searching on the site. It's hard to find exact things there, but once found, and a proper page range is identified, the image sequence of interest can be converted online to a downloadable Adobe pdf format document, for easier study. Also, for searching keywords, a text version can be generated and saved. I may post more later about full agenda detail, once I have accessed and read it.