Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A new year prediction - the Senate recount.

I predict that if the recount result is that Franken wins by one or more votes he will have no problem with the Senate seating him, unless there is a GOP filibuster.

I predict that the Senate in such a situation would not feel itself to be bound by any judicial interpretations of how it should exercise discretionary constitutional powers of the legislative branch.

Although less certain, I predict there will be snow in the Twin Cities metro area sometime in the New Year.

Beyond that, I am not going any further out on a limb.

Whether Nasser Kazeminy gives either of the Coleman spouses anything at any time in the future, that is simply too uncertain for me to touch.

Vikings against Eagles, I expect the game will be finished without homeland security problems, but I would not go so far as to predict that, or bet that way. Does that restraint in predictions make me a conservative, or only a conservative predictor?