Friday, January 12, 2007

As I drove by, I thought I heard a voice say, "Let them eat crabmeat ...".



Yes, driving east on Sunwood from Coburns, like Michele Bachmann saying she heard the voice, I was nearing and passing the statute of Ben the Ramsey Taxpayer out in the cold across the street from the new city hall. And on a psychic channel he was saying, "Let them eat crabmeat, let them eat fish, even veal, mutton, filet mignon, but do not give them Authority for Pork."

Yes, that's what I thought I heard Ben saying. I think I got the message right. I would hope that Jim Abeler and Mike Jungbauer have a chance to drive that road too - past the vast empty open spaces then past Ben, and that they too get the message from the quintessential Ramsey Taxpayer. It's a clear enough message if you try to keep your eyes, ears and mind open.